TL-WR902ac setup page not open from Windows 10 devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-13 17:10:18 - last edited 2023-11-15 11:46:26
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.0.3 v0089

Hello,

today I tried to setup an TL-WR902ac travel router as a hotspot. The device arrived today an was put out from box (totally new device).

There is no problem to connect to smarthones with android os. But when I try to connect to the hotspot by an laptop running windows 10 the connection process takes a lot of time (up to 1 minute). Then I try to open the setup web page. Using http://tplinkwifi.net will result in a timeout. Wen I try the open the setup page using the IP address the welcome page will be shown sometimes, then after 2 minutes or more, never completly loaded. The password field is not shown. Mostly the page will not load an an messeag appears "the server hasn't answered". The problem is the same with different web browsers.

What ist the reason the page is not loaded correctly by browsers on windoes 10 systems but on android smartphones?

Thanks for your help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WR902ac setup page not open from Windows 10 devices-Solution
2023-11-14 10:11:33 - last edited 2023-11-15 11:46:26

@Sunshine 

Hello Sunshine. Thank you for advice.

The issue was still the same even after restarting every device for several times.

The Windows 10 computer was connected by WiFi.

The problem seems to be more complex. During a lot of testing I fount that the issue depents from my intend on how to use the WLAN router. My intend is to have only aWLAN initiated by the TP Link router without any internet access. But in this case the WLAN router has problems to be reachable by IP ping. Mybe it is to busy to find a internet access or something else.

When I set it up to a normal access point, connected to a network everything is fine.

So that is not what I looked for but I have to say that is my fault.

The device is definitly not useabel by plug and play.

I am not able to explain why a smartphone is able to connect without any issues but an Windows 10 laptop runs into several issues like ping timeout or device not reachable.

For me the problem is solved.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WR902ac setup page not open from Windows 10 devices
2023-11-14 03:31:55

@smiile_de 

Hi, please try restarting the TL-WR902AC first, if still the same error, please try to set it up via smartphone first, and then connect the Winodws 10 computer to it to see if internet works fine.

By the way, is the Windows 10 computer connected via WiFi as well? If so, please try changing WiFi channel and channel width on the TL-WR902AC via smartphone to see if it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TL-WR902ac setup page not open from Windows 10 devices-Solution
2023-11-14 10:11:33 - last edited 2023-11-15 11:46:26

@Sunshine 

Hello Sunshine. Thank you for advice.

The issue was still the same even after restarting every device for several times.

The Windows 10 computer was connected by WiFi.

The problem seems to be more complex. During a lot of testing I fount that the issue depents from my intend on how to use the WLAN router. My intend is to have only aWLAN initiated by the TP Link router without any internet access. But in this case the WLAN router has problems to be reachable by IP ping. Mybe it is to busy to find a internet access or something else.

When I set it up to a normal access point, connected to a network everything is fine.

So that is not what I looked for but I have to say that is my fault.

The device is definitly not useabel by plug and play.

I am not able to explain why a smartphone is able to connect without any issues but an Windows 10 laptop runs into several issues like ping timeout or device not reachable.

For me the problem is solved.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-WR902ac setup page not open from Windows 10 devices
2023-11-15 11:46:22

@smiile_de 

This is noted, thanks a lot for the update. We will also run more tests to see if the issue can be reproduced on our end.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 3

Related Articles