Votes

PPPoE passthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

PPPoE passthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PPPoE passthrough
PPPoE passthrough
2023-11-26 06:09:14
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Over TP-link products, it seems like no PPPoE passthrough support.

Can you implement this feature? Especially in Japan, it has to have it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:PPPoE passthrough
2023-11-27 06:49:47

@Gee580 

May I know who do you need PPPoE passthrough?

Archer AX23 is only a router, not modem, if you would like to configure PPPoE on another device instead of Archer AX23, you could connect another device to your bridge modem directly without the AX23 router in between.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:PPPoE passthrough
2023-11-27 09:06:45

@Sunshine 

Hi Sunshine, Thank you for the response.

For precisely, it is AX23v instead of AX23. I think this is Japan's unique model and the components inside are same. For precisely, it is AX23v instead of AX23. I think this is Japan's unique model and the components inside are same.

My friend needs it. I live in Japan there are many ISPs. The major protocols are DS-lite and MAP-E and some more.

The users want to open the ports to the public. The DS-lite services do not have the capabilities and are impossible so they provide PPPoE feature with the DS-lite.

The PPPoE can open any port to the public. PPPoE passthrough or PPPoE bridge feature must be required to use it. 

TP-link has not known the Japanese network situations enough. I think it lacks many required features. I might say TP-link products are only for simple netsurfing.

I want to request to implement appropriate features along with Japanese network situations. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.