Deco M4R Satellite Node showing 0 connected device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-22 06:33:06
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 BUILD 20210917 Rel. 45957

I just set up my M4 Deco Mesh yesterday and i realised 2 things:

a) All devices were connected only to the main but non-connected to the satellite - even if i move my device to right beside the satellite unit.

b) Some device is not able to detect my wifi network from deco (it was still fine yesterday but today does not even appear on the available wireless connection list) - could it be that the main unit has maximum devices connection i.e only 10 connected clients?

Please help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4R Satellite Node showing 0 connected device
2023-12-22 13:37:03

@KidZ 

Judging from the screenshot, your Satellite Deco is too far from Main Deco and gets weak signal from it. Maybe from time to time Satellite completely loses connection to Main, and that forces devices connect to Main Deco.

You should move Hallway Satellite Deco closer to Main Deco, up to the place where it will report Fair or Strong signal, not Weak.

There is no 10 devices limit per Deco unit. Also, please make screenshot of "Update Deco" page, which is under More/System. Example of that page:

Options