Votes

OpenVPN Client Split tunneling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-24 16:58:44 - last edited 2023-12-26 09:56:36

Hi all,

Does the Deco x50 support split tunneling on OpenVPN client?

I successfully set up a open VPN client to connect to the remote network, when a put the client in the list of clients that can use the vpn, I can reach the IPS defined in the route of the openvpn configuration file, but I loss internet connection, when I made a tracert, I can see the traffic go through the vpn and not by the internet gateway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Client Split tunneling
2023-12-26 08:25:07 - last edited 2023-12-26 09:56:31

@ftachon Deco x50 apparently does not support split tunneling on OpenVPN clients, so when you successfully set up an open VPN client to connect to a remote network, you will lose internet connection.

Options
Re:OpenVPN Client Split tunneling
2023-12-26 16:41:41

@mistakelesson Unfortunately, that's correct, TP-LINK support responsed my ticket,  "Deco does not support separating VPN data from the normal traffic data. As long as the clients has been added to VPN Client, all its traffic will go through VPN tunnels."

Anyway, thanks for reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 709

Replies: 2

Voters 2