Archer AX10 and Archer AX18/AX1500 disconnect my devices when in Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX10 and Archer AX18/AX1500 disconnect my devices when in Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-01 22:34:08
Model: Archer AX10   Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I'm installing some access points in a old house with thick walls and I'm putting an access point in almost every room, but I'm having this problem that I can't seem to be able to solve.

Here is the topology of the network:

So, when a device connects wirelessly to any of the access points it works flawlessly. The problem seems to come only when the device roams between the Archer AX10 and the AX18/AX1500 (the model may have different names depending on the region).

What happens is the following:

• the device is connected to either the AX10 or the AX18/AX1500, when it switches to the other access point it connects for a couple of seconds to it and then it loses the connection and doesn't reconnect any more.

How are they set up:

• ISP Modem/Router: DHCP enabled, no wifi.
  • AX10: configured as Access Point via quick setup, (static ip assigned by ISP Router), DHCP OFF
  • AX18/AX1500: configured as Access Point via quick setup, (static ip assigned by ISP Router), DHCP OFF

What I've tried:

• Removed ISP Router and turned DHCP ON on AX10 (to exclude that it may have been caused by the ISP router)
  • Disabled wifi 5ghz on both AX10 and AX18/AX1500
  • With only wifi 2.4ghz ON, I've assigned different wifi channels to AX10 and AX18/AX1500
  • Turned OFF every other access point and made a network only between AX10 (DHCP ON) and AX18/AX1500 (DHCP OFF). No ISP Router.
  • Tried with a new AX18/AX1500
  • Created a network between the old AX18/AX1500 and the new one (so 2 AX18/AX1500. One with DHCP ON, the other with DHCP OFF)

If I move my laptop from one of the two access points and connect it to any of the two via ethernet, the problem does't show. So i'm pretty sure it's only wifi-related.

At the moment I'm really out of options.
Can you help me please? I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here.
Thank you very much.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 and Archer AX18/AX1500 disconnect my devices when in Access Point Mode
2024-01-02 08:23:40 - last edited 2024-01-02 08:24:19

@Mr_Lo 

Hi, please try configuring the Archer AX10 as Router mode with DHCP on especially when you remove the ISP router.

If the issue still happens, when the issue happens, please try connecting the WiFi manually and let us know if there is any error message.

By the way, the WiFi roaming issue always happens between the AX10 and AX18/AX1500 or between two AX18/AX1500, no any issue with either of them when roaming with other access points, right?

May I know what client devices are you usually using?

Please also check the hardware and firmware version for both Archer AX10 and Archer AX18/AX1500.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 1

Related Articles