Auto-block / Auto-isolate new devices
Auto-block / Auto-isolate new devices
2024-01-08 00:45:10
Tags: #Whitelist
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.7

Hi there

I have six of the XE75 Pro units in my house, and I'm aware there has been a long-standing request for a Whitelist feature. 

Here is my suggestion for what may be a simpler way to implement similar controls, mostly using existing Blacklist features. 

Add two options to each network (Normal, Guest, and IOT):

* Block new devices (off by default)

* Isolate new devices (off by default)

We already have the ability to do both of these things manually from the app. This setting would simply enable the user to automate it. 

When "Block" is on, new devices would be automatically blocked. The user can then unblock the device in the usual way with existing functionality if they wish. 

Similarly, when "Isolate" is on, new devices joining the network would be automatically isolated. Again, this is existing functionality, so minimal change is required for the app. 

While this is not the same as a Whitelist, it might be a quicker and easier feature to implement since it mostly uses existing features. This would probably also solve about 80% of the problem with a smaller effort and simpler approach. 

One final additional suggestion would be to add a list of blocked devices, or at least a way to filter the client list for blocked or isolated devices in the app. 

Hope this suggestion is helpful. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Auto-block / Auto-isolate new devices
2024-06-19 16:11:44

I'm also waiting Whitelisting feature to XE75.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 289

Replies: 1

Voters 3

Tags

Whitelist