Votes

Review and manage UPnP port configurations in Deco app

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Deco app needs a UI to show details of all UPnP managed ports. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Deco app needs a UI to show details of all UPnP managed ports. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-08 04:12:48 - last edited 2024-01-09 09:00:21

I was trying to find some way to manage UPnP configurations, but there does not appear to exist such an option. I found these two old [locked] threads, going back to 2019.

• https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180016
  • https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/548134

That both mention a feature request being opened. But neither actually links to such a feature request (so that we can vote for it), and neither of them have any followup from TP-Link staff ( @david_tp @Kevin_Z ). I tried searching the feature request site but it returned no results so I opened my own here (which you should now see in the search I linked).

As the other two threads have stated, this is horribly insecure to enable UPnP by default and not have any way for the user to actually see (and disable) what is being setup. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Review and manage UPnP port configurations in Deco app
2024-01-08 07:38:53 - last edited 2024-01-09 08:57:46

@JJoe

That both mention a feature request being opened. But neither actually links to such a feature request (so that we can vote for it)

That feature request is available to the Deco Staff only afaik. We cannot see it

And yes, Neither the Deco app or web UI supports configuration of UPnP ports. The only thing available is "open port checker" (in the app's "More" tab>> Deco lab>> Wi-Fi assistant)

I've seen your feature request post & voted for it, hope it gets enough support.

@thefunkygibbon   @andrew-aus  @marcgweg   @SecurIT 

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 638

Replies: 1