Archer C5 wifi disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-09 14:40:34
Model: Archer C5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v600c.0 Build 190904 Rel.64114n

Hello everyone, hope you are doing good.

I have some question regarding the archer c5 router, I have been using this router for more than a year.

I got this from my ISP, its is doing good . Now i have changed my isp so i got another tplink router(Archer c20) from my isp.

so i though i going to use my c5 router as extender, it has operation mode to switch between modes.

so I resets my router and configure like giving ssid to the router , after that i changed it to Access point mode.

For the past  2 months , it is working fine, now it is making some issues

My main issue is wifi keeps disconnecting , so one day i checked what is the problem by observing my router(extender). after rebooted my router(extender), everthing went fine, then WPS light blinks 2-3times and my 2.4 and 5 band wifi light black outs .

after 20 sec , the wifi lights came back ,and agin after 10sec the WPS blinks 2-3 times ,the wifi lights gone

Can anyone tell what is the issue,

by the way , i resetted and reconfigured it like 5 times, it gives the same results

My wifi lights itself shuting down, sometime i have to manually enable it on the router.

please tell any solution about this problem

Thankyou

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C5 wifi disconnection
2024-01-10 07:23:16

@DarkRager 

Try changing WiFi channel and channel width on the Archer C5, if the WiFi LED still turns off on its own and WiFi signal disappears, the device might be defective.

Options
Re:Archer C5 wifi disconnection
2024-01-10 07:42:38

@QRene 

QRene wrote

@DarkRager 

Try changing WiFi channel and channel width on the Archer C5, if the WiFi LED still turns off on its own and WiFi signal disappears, the device might be defective.

Tried it , I changed both root and ap channel so that they don't interfere, still happening 

This problem is happening suddenly, not sure what is the defective. Is there any solution to overcome this problem

In the normal way , when rebooting,  the power button blinks until the wifi led's stables and then the power button becomes stable

But in this one, when rebooting,  the power button blinks at beginning and when the wifi led's lit , it blinks for only 1 sec and both out and then power button stables with only leaving power button and wan light on

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 2

Related Articles