Upload speed 3 - 4 times faster than poor Download speed - WHY! It is normally the other way round.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upload speed 3 - 4 times faster than poor Download speed - WHY! It is normally the other way round.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-21 20:49:55
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.2.4701F14_191101_901

I have just installed  a TP Link TL- PA7017 kit. I have a guaranteed minimum 60meg broadband speed. Although tpPLC app shows a healthy link at circa 110mbps I am typically getting only around 3 to 4 mbps download, but with 12 to 15 mbps upload. I could just about live with it if it were the other way around.

Why is this?

Normally the download speed would be 3 to 4 times the upload speed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Upload speed 3 - 4 times faster than poor Download speed - WHY! It is normally the other way round.
2024-01-22 11:06:22

@Keith900 

Hi, please connect the same computer to your router and test speed for comparison.

You could also try to move the two powerline units closer, try different wall sockets or more them into one room to test the speed again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 1

Related Articles