Slow connect and drop out problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-24 11:57:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

I have four Decos and three work fine, but one is remote (10m) and during calls drops out regularly.  I have full fibre (1Gbps) coming into the house.  How can I improve the connectivity on the problem Deco?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow connect and drop out problems
2024-01-24 13:19:04

@JONEIL2804 

Check what does it say under Signal for that Deco in its page in Deco app, example:

If Signal is Weak or Low,  choose one of the following options depending on what you can do at your place:

1. Place remote Satellite Deco closer to Main Deco;

2. Using Connection Preference feature, make remote Satellite Deco connect to Satellite Deco closer to it than Main Deco. If necessary, reposition one of Satellite Deco to be between Main Deco and remote Satellite Deco.

3. Establish Ethernet backhaul between remote Satellite Deco and rest of Deco mesh. That could be by Ethernet cable, MoCA adapters (Ethernet over coax/TV cable) or powerline adapters.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 1

Related Articles