AC1750 RE450 problems with the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-24 18:04:47
Tags: #Help
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.20

Hi everyone,  just bought 1 AC1750 RE450, 1 month ago, everytime im watching youtube video or downloading something from Steam or watching Twitch, im getting connection lost, like my internet is gone for like 5-10 seconds, i tried everythign i can thing :

- I called my internet company and verified everythign is okey, they changed my router to a better one to see if everything is fixed.
- I tried to connect my rotuer directly to my computer to check if the connection is lost, but nothing happen, everything is okey.
- I updated the firmaware to last version.
- I call tp-link support and they said go to your store and use the warranty, i did it and today i have a new one, but still haveing the same problem, i don't know what to do.
In the tether app, check the range of router to see if there is a good distance bettween, and the app is okey for it, it is aprox 6-7 meters between Router and tp-link RE450, and there are no walls in between.
Im desperate, any help or advise on what tp-link to buy to solve this problem.
Thx in advice,

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1750 RE450 problems with the internet
2024-01-26 10:03:51

@AlexGonza 

Hi, please connect a computer to the extender via Ethernet cable to see if wired connection has the same issue.

If wired connection is the same, please check if there is any change on the LED status of the extender when the issue happens, ensure the extender could receive a good signal from your router.

However, if wired connection is working fine, only WiFi is affected, please confirm if the extender SSID is the same as your router, if so, it is recommanded to customize the extender SSID to be a different one so that you could tell which is which for troubleshooting.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:AC1750 RE450 problems with the internet
2024-01-27 11:29:25

@Sunshine I dont thing i explained very well, i have the problems wired to the extender, and the Led doesn't go off

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 2

Tags

Help
Related Articles