Connection to tesla wall charger

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-07 08:26:48

Hi. 

My tesla wall charger will not find the TP link extender WiFi signal, nor the host router signal.

Can anyone help?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connection to tesla wall charger
2024-02-07 09:04:39

@Cfish78 

According to Tesla:

" Joining the Wall Connector network can be done by scanning the sticker QR code on the Quickstart Guide cover page, or by manually selecting the network and typing in the WPA2 password (found on the sticker on the Quickstart Guide cover page). NOTE: The Wi-Fi network will only broadcast for 5 minutes. "

Also the Wall Connector Wi-Fi requirements are:

" Wall Connector only supports WPA2/3-secured, 2.4 GHz, 802.11 infrastructure mode networks. NOTE: Networks that are not password protected are not supported. "

Make sure that your wireless settings (host router and RE) meet these requirements.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-07 09:10:05

@terziyski 

I've followed all of Tesla's connection instructions, videos, troubleshooting. 

The charger won't find the WiFi despite discovering all my neighbours 😒 

Options
2024-02-07 09:29:05

@Cfish78 

Can you post your RE network status - it should look like,

and its wireless settings.

Also its model, HW and FW versions.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-07 09:59:37

@terziyski I'm no sure how to access that status info on the app.

I've tried all the menus.

It's connected to 2.4ghz and I've deactivated the 5Ghz as tesla does not support 5ghz. I tried with both options.

Is running and all my other devices connect fine 

Options
2024-02-07 11:17:32

@Cfish78 

For that purpose you'll have to login via computer browser - details (step 3).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 876

Replies: 5

Related Articles