Problem with upload with Archer MR200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-11 13:51:13
Tags: #Upload
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.9.0.0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190307 Ref 54196n

Hello everyone,

I've been using this modem for about 3 or 4 years now, and it's been reliable for the most part.

However, over the past couple of months, I've noticed a significant issue with the WIFI upload speed—it's consistently around 0.0001 Mbps. Meanwhile, the download speed remains fairly stable, ranging between 20-30 Mbps. This drastic difference in speeds is making it extremely challenging to use the internet effectively on a day-to-day basis.

The modem is equipped with an Italian ILIAD SIM card that's been in use for a couple of years now. Interestingly, when I connect via Ethernet, I don't encounter the same problem.

In fact, the Ethernet connection yields similar download speeds but boasts an upload speed of at least 10 Mbps, which is much more desirable. This leads me to believe that the issue lies specifically with the WIFI functionality.

Please note that my house has three floors, in order to have internet and wifi on all floors, I've other 2 modem connected to this router. I mean, the router is located on the ground floor and is connected to two modems (one on the first floor and one on the second floor) via Ethernet in the wall. Thanks to this, I have specif different WIFI networks on their respective floors. However, on all floors, the WIFI upload does not function, whereas it works fine with Ethernet.

To troubleshoot further, I tried inserting a SIM card from another operator (Fastweb), and everything worked seamlessly. Both upload and download speeds were satisfactory, whether connected via WIFI or Ethernet, from both the router and the modem connected via Ethernet. So, the question is, how the different sim could be the issue? How is possible that is working via eternet but not via wifi?

Any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this WIFI upload speed issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with upload with Archer MR200
2024-02-21 06:40:25

@Franz89 

Hi, I've sent you a private message, please have a check and let us know if it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 1

Tags

Upload
Related Articles