The MR550 repeatedly loses the always stable internet connection on an iPhone at the same location.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

The MR550 repeatedly loses the always stable internet connection on an iPhone at the same location.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-18 02:05:45 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:38:11
Model: Archer MR550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

In my house, which does not have cable access, I have medium (3/4) mobile data coverage with three different phone companies. The iPhones, within the room msiam than the MR550 never lose connection. The same nano SIM on an Archer MR550 loses it many times a day (although there are days when it has lasted 24 hours without interruption, these are the exception, the norm is that once it loses it, it loses it several times an hour). I connected the MR 550 to a directional outdoor antenna (well aimed at the best coverage 3G/4G antennas) to see if it solved the problem. Speeds improved quite a bit (up to over 40Mbits up and just over 100Mbits down, and usually over 30 and 60) but the signal instability problem has not been solved at all. Given that the signal is completely stable on the mobile phones, it seems that the MR550 is the one causing the instability problem. Is it a manufacturing defect, or a badly designed device?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The MR550 repeatedly loses the always stable internet connection on an iPhone at the same location.-Solution
2024-02-21 03:14:15 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:38:11

@NOMBRENEUSO 

Hi, please follow this thread to see if it could solve the problem: Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:The MR550 repeatedly loses the always stable internet connection on an iPhone at the same location.-Solution
2024-02-21 03:14:15 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:38:11

@NOMBRENEUSO 

Hi, please follow this thread to see if it could solve the problem: Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:The MR550 repeatedly loses the always stable internet connection on an iPhone at the same location.
2024-02-21 08:47:24

@Sunshine but... 

@Sunshine hi, in English... I bought a month ago the MR500 and I have problems with frequent internet disconnections. Previously I have used a MR100 for a year and no problems. I use it in a rural environment with an excellent 4G/4G+ and 5G connection (B3/20/28). I have tried all possible WAN interface options, APN dial up, official and betas firmware and daily automatic reboots. TL-WPA4220 powerline network and TAPO cameras.

But I still have regular internet disconnections.

SIM works perfectly with MR100 and mobile phone s23 ultra / S10+. 
ISP Orange Spain.
IP 10.96.87.43
DNS 86.104.186.208 //// 86.104.186.209 
PS... please don't ask me for screenshots / system log.
Unreliable product
Regards

And...

@Sunshine 

Hello, today I had a disconnection problem with the MR500 when I requested a high level of traffic (windows update and other simultaneous links). The question is whether it is a problem with the equipment or the ISP operator. Does not resolve DNS. After restarting everything correct. beta firmware. Greetings

I have a one and only question: 

Is the 4G+ LTE AC1200 Wi-Fi 5 VoIP Gigabit Ethernet Router model as unstable as the MR 550 or has this serious instability problem been fixed?

Best Regards,

Options
Re:The MR550 repeatedly loses the always stable internet connection on an iPhone at the same location.
2024-02-22 02:14:48

@NOMBRENEUSO 

May I have the specific model no. of the 4G+ LTE AC1200 Wi-Fi 5 VoIP Gigabit Ethernet Router you mentioned?

Options
2024-02-22 08:26:12

@Sunshine Archer MR 600, sorry.

Options
2024-02-22 08:44:00

@NOMBRENEUSO 

Hi, there is no known unstable internet connection issue for MR600 at this moment.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 5

Related Articles