Votes

Archer MR500 Reset using SMS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-18 09:58:09
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I would like to be able to restart the router using SMS.

I have worked with SMS and AT commands in the past. But I have not managed to do anything with the Archer unit.

This level of remote control is essential when mobile operators use CGNAT which puts the router behind another layer of NAT  on top of the usual level.

I can send SMS with Message Delivery notifications and that seems ok. But I would like to have more control. Ideally an ability to do an SMS Ping (which is achievable using a Silent SMS) but I would also like to perform a reset of the target router as it hangs occasionally.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer MR500 Reset using SMS
2024-02-21 03:08:04

@Mick65 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

We will record your suggestion and report to development team for evaluation.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.