Archer AX11000 can't recognize cable plugged into WAN should I update firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-28 06:15:47
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 210719

Should I try updating firmware to fix Archer AX11000 router doesn't recognize ethernet cable in WAN slot coming from modem. cable from modem powers laptop directly, and have tried 4 cables now. Had been working fine till a few hours ago.

Also on bottom of unit sticker says Ax110000(US) but the available udpates seem to have (CA) does it matter? and which update is coorect? There's three labeled V1_210719, V1_221128 and V1_230906

Any advice on how to get running or on the proper firmware update file name?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 can't recognize cable plugged into WAN should I update firmware?
2024-02-28 06:41:18

@IHseeker 

You should follow device bottom sticker information when selecting the appropriate FW release - details.

Here's AX11000(US) v1.0 support page. FW upgrade won't help in case of a faulty WAN port.

If your router can't recognize cable to the WAN port its's best to contact your local tech support.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer AX11000 can't recognize cable plugged into WAN should I update firmware?
2024-02-29 06:12:48

@IHseeker 

Internet light being off or the "WAN Port Unplugged" message means that your Router's WAN port physical connection is disconnected. It might be a problem of the Ethernet cable, or your modem, or the router itself, except for firmware update, here are some instructions for you:

1. Make sure the Ethernet cable between the Router and the modem is tight. Try a different Ethernet cable if you have one.

2. Connect a PC directly into your modem to verify if your modem is working well.

3. Login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting > set to "100Mbps Full Duplex".

By the way, you could also try connecting your PC to WAN port of the router to see if Internet LED will be on.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 2

Related Articles