Archer AX72 / Google Chromecast with TV (Gen 4)

2024-03-04 04:44:33
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Archer AX72 / Google Chromecast with TV (Gen 4) connectivity issues and disconnects

When i open it every time is start from disconnected wifi.....since this year

last year are normal,with WiFi 5ghz,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX72 / Google Chromecast with TV (Gen 4)
2024-03-05 06:27:02

@RayChan 

Hi, you mean the Google Chromecast with TV (Gen 4) disconnects from the 5GHz WiFi frequently? 

Please confirm if all the other client devices are always working fine. If the issue only happens with the Google Chromecast with TV (Gen 4), you'd better connect it to any other WiFi network to see if it has similar issues.

You could also try to change the 5GHz WiFi channel and channel width to see if it makes any difference.

By the way, what is the hardware and firmware version of your Archer AX72?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX72 / Google Chromecast with TV (Gen 4)
2024-04-08 04:15:56

@RayChan I'm having the same issue!

My Android/Google TV is connected to my AX72 (Access Point mode) via 5G. When I start my TV, not only it doesn't connect to the SSID, but it also manage to take down the 5G SSID and the other SSID. The 5G SSID will stop broadcasting and becomes unavailable, and when trying to connect to the 2.4G SSID (or other SSID for Guest/IoT), it will just said FAIL although the credentials are correct.

The only way to resolve this issue is to power cycle the unit and even that will take at least 5 minutes for it to start broadcasting SSID again.

Don't get me started with the IoT config which keeps disappearing after a reboot!

My AX72 is on firmware 1.2.4 Build 20240125 rel.39949(4555)

Coming from ASUS/Merlin, this router is full of bugs!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 2

Related Articles