Device Isolation Not Applying

2024-03-04 14:48:54 - last edited 2024-03-04 14:50:03
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 56344(4555)

Good day,

I have been trying to add a device into Device Isolation. It successfully adds, but the device is not isolated from the rest of my network.

I have 3 devices connected to WiFi 2.4GHz (default). I then went to Advanced > Network > DHCP Server, and added IPv4 reservations for all devices. Now I went into Advanced > Security > Device Isolation and added a single device into it. I verified that the MAC address is correct, but it has not isolated. I then rebooted and still no change. I verified this by setting a small web page and hosting it on Apache on one of the non-isolated devices. From the isolated one, I can still see the page. I can also ping that isolated device.

I am now using a workaround, added the isolated device to IoT 2.4GHz network, and kept it in the Device Isolation list. This works, but ideally, I don't want to group it with the IoT devices. Is there a possible firmware fix for this?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I have also tried to do the above and reboot via the Tether App with no luck.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Device Isolation Not Applying
2024-03-06 09:10:28

@Kris_Rabbit 

Hi, please confirm if that isolated device is using private or random MAC address or not, if so, try to disable it and test again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-07 12:30:53

@Sunshine Hi, so I just double checked. There is no private or random MAC set for any of the devices. I also checked that the MAC I isolated is actually the MAC for the WiFi adapter on the isolated device.

I don't mind playing around with things here for a while, but I just want to be sure that I am not misunderstanding how device isolation works so that I am not trying to do the impossible. Can I have a device on the same network and isolate it from the other devices? Thanks.

Options
2024-05-06 04:37:12 - last edited 2024-05-06 04:38:03

@Kris_Rabbit @Sunshine Im having the same issue, i've had my homelab under device isolation for a while and its been working well. however recently it does not work at all as im able to access it with my local networrk

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 3

Related Articles