How to extend the PG2400P KIT with additional devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-06 14:06:39
Model: PG2400P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased the PG2400P KIT to see if it would perform better than my old AV2 powerline adapters. It does indeed provide a slight improvement in performance, but what's notable is that it generates significantly less heat, indicating a potential reduction in energy consumption.

Given this positive experience, I'm interested in acquiring another powerline+Wi-Fi device that operates on the same standard. However, despite searching extensively, I've been unable to locate one. Are there any available extensions for this "starter kit"?

Additionally, I'm curious about compatibility with devices from other manufacturers. Are there any known products that are compatible with the PG2400P? Furthermore, could you provide the exact name of the communication standard employed by this device? This information would be invaluable in my search for compatible products. What specific criteria should I be looking for?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to extend the PG2400P KIT with additional devices?
2024-03-07 07:39:25

@raav 

Hi,PG2400P KIT is G.hn2400 Passthrough Powerline Kit, which uses G.hn standard. Thus it is compatible with G.hn Powerline adapters only and not compatible with HomePlug AV/AV2 Powerline adapters.

You could use filters on our website to check all G.hn powerline device list: Powerline Adapter - Powerline Ethernet Networking 

As you can see PGW2440 KIT is listed and its extender PGW2440 support WiFi as well.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:How to extend the PG2400P KIT with additional devices?
2024-03-07 12:56:35 - last edited 2024-03-07 13:20:41

@Sunshine 

Unfortunately, I don't see any individual devices available when using those filters. It might depend on the market. I only see kits PG2400P and PGW2440.

With PGW2440 only available with a UK socket standard. European ones are exclusively PG2400.

Specifically, is it confirmed that the TP-LINK PG2400 device works with any other company's, for example, Fritz, Netgear, Zyxel, etc.?

For instance, according to the technical specifications, the Zyxel PLA6457 supports OFDM modulation, 4096/1024/256/64-QAM, QPSK, BPSK. Encryption is 128-bit AES. I don't see any similar information in the TP-Link PG2400 specifications. It only says "g.hn 2400."

According to Wikipedia ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.hn ) , this is a very broad standard, and there is no certainty that PowerLine devices are compatible. Just supporting different types of encryption could prevent them from communicating with each other.

Looking at the documentation, there is not a single word about aspects such as supported modulations:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/pg2400p-kit/

So, if I need additional 4 Wi-Fi devices, should I buy 4 sets of PGW2440 each at a price of 250 EURO and discard the unnecessary PG2400 from each set? Use UK-EU Power adapters? Is this the only option to achieve a functioning solution?

In other words, I want to purchase, for example, a set like the one you show on your informational page regarding G.hn, which ensures the best performance. One device without Wi-Fi connected to the router and several with Wi-Fi. It can be from one manufacturer or a combination of devices from different manufacturers.

source:  https://www.tp-link.com/uk/ghn/

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 561

Replies: 2

Related Articles