MESH network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MESH network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MESH network
MESH network
2024-03-08 08:31:10

I would like to connect two Archer C64 routers via LAN behind the modem and use them to create a MESH Wifi network. I assume that basically it should work like that... How does such a MESH network work in reality? I'm afraid that it will work just as badly as if I have two separate Wifi networks and the connected device (e.g. mobile phone) has to choose the better available Wifi network - it doesn't work very well in reality, because the connected device stays connected to the Wifi with a weak signal, although the second network offers a full signal, switching to the second network will only occur in the event of a complete failure.
       I know that MESH creates a single Wi-Fi network, but as the routers transmit the signal to each other within the network, is it significantly better than in the case I described with two separate Wi-Fi?
Thank you very much for the answers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:MESH network
2024-03-08 13:41:12 - last edited 2024-03-08 17:14:19

@Fifator 

That's the point of building a mesh network - the seamless roaming between different msh devices.

If you configure two C64 in Easymesh with an ethernet backhaul you'll experience the difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles