Deco Network suboptimal Slow/Unstable

Deco Network suboptimal Slow/Unstable

21 Reply
Re:Deco Network suboptimal Slow/Unstable
2024-03-24 20:49:51 - last edited 2024-03-24 20:50:48

@SamuelB1002 

I see. I am assuming you have undone all changes I asked you to do and you've got Internet back.

You have interesting networking gear setup, I am not going to ask you for more changes to it. We can focus on improving Deco mesh WiFi performance with what you have.

These are the first steps:

1. Find how to disable WiFi on "Internet box" and disable it. You can deal with that separately from everything else I ask you to do, but it is a must. Having Main Deco WiFi and "Internet box" WiFi in such close proximity from each other is what may be impacting WiFi speeds and stability.

2. Switch Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. In that mode, all Deco settings that impact bandwidth will be removed. Just in case there are some not optimal settings impacting speeds, these will be disabled. Later, if you want to restore Deco mesh default Router mode, you can do that easily. See Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

3. After you have configured Deco mesh in Access Point mode, when it settled down and you have Internet, run "Test Internet Speed" in Deco app multiple times and give me screenshot with results, example:

This will show speed of Internet link from Main Deco to the Internet.

That's it for now. Will wait for your reply.

Our next steps, if these were successful, will be to measure WiFi speed from Main Deco, double check how Satellite Deco connect to each other and with what quality of WiFi backhaul signal, and run speed tests with Satellite Deco. I'll give you more details later.

Options
2024-03-24 22:30:40

@Alexandre. 

deco connecting as I wish

the speedtest looks promising. Testing all locations now

samuel

Options
2024-03-26 07:55:35

@SamuelB1002 

Hallo

Ok testing the systems

Test result on the deco app

Via ookla standing next to the main deco "Woonkamer'

Standing next to kantoor

worst position in the house with all doors closed, in my home office closed to "Gang"

Not a very good result and is largly fluctuating, also it seems I was not connected to 'gang' but to "kantoor"

Options
2024-03-26 11:50:27

@SamuelB1002 

Main Deco is good, we can now work on Kantoor.

Make screenshot of Kantoor info page in Deco app and post it here. I would like to see how it looks now. Example:

If all looks good, next step will be running speed tests through Kantoor and I'll give you instructions how to do that.

Options
2024-03-27 06:32:15

@SamuelB1002 

FYI

Options
2024-03-27 06:32:40 - last edited 2024-03-27 15:02:17

Kantoor

woonkamer

gang

Options
2024-03-27 11:34:04

@SamuelB1002 

Sorry, I also need to see top part of Satellite Deco info page which says "Connected to."  The same top part of screen as it is on my example.

Also, would you please translate to English word "Gemidd..." that is on top of "Signaal." Google Translate is not helpful.

Options
2024-03-27 15:03:25
I added the pictures in the previous post Gemiddeld -> Middle quality of signal
Options
2024-03-27 15:23:37 - last edited 2024-03-27 15:25:11

@SamuelB1002 

Thanks. So, Signal is OK and Satellite Deco connects to Main Deco using all three bands, which is correct.

Now we can do speed testing for Kantoor. Do it the following way:

1. Run "Network Optimization" in Deco app.

2. Power off Satellite Deco Gang.

3. Turn off 2.4GHz band for Deco Main Network, leaving only 5 GHz:

4. Bring smartphone you use for speed testing close to Kantoor, about 1-2 meters from it. Turn off/on WiFi on smartphone to make sure it connects to Kantoor.

5. Check in Deco app that smartphone is connected to Kantoor.

6.  Check link speed on smartphone: How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client . In such close proximity to Deco node link speed should be 860-866Mbps both for download (receive) and upload (transmit). If speed is less, move smartphone even closer and repeat steps 4-6. If smartphone is closer than 1 meter but link speed is way below 800-866Mbps, please tell me what is the link speed and also in Deco app open info page of smartphone and see where and on which band it is connected.

7. Continue with this step only if link speed is good. Run multiple speed tests back to back in Ookla app on smartphone. Provide results here.

-----------------

You can undo all changes I asked you to do after completing this speed testing.

Options
2024-03-28 07:24:36

@Alexandre. 

Hallo

Looks pretty bleak again.

Disconnected Gang went on 5 gHz only. ran the optimizer Speedtest at Kantoor with ookla 16 Mbps, I am connected to kantoor. Went back to the old situation 5 and 2.4 channels same result.

Tested the Black internet box Wifi is at 500 Mbps.

No clue what is going on but Mesh Network is very bad today

Samuel

Options
Related Articles