Votes

Add ipv6 firewall configuration to expose port outside in AX53

Votes

2024-05-02 06:47:22 - last edited 2024-06-05 01:22:41

Currently there is no way to expose ports from inside the router and all ipv6 inbound traffic get blocked. 

I am currently using a hacky workaround to add firewall rule in the backup bin file and restore it. This is not optimal.

I can see that there is a hidden component in the the IPv6 page, which can be shown by a simple inspect element modification. 

IPv6 firewall setting page

I found out that the configuration is stored and can be retrieved later. But the functionality is not yet activated or implemented. 

Please please add a simple way to add custom rule to the ipv6 firewall for the AX53 router. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Add ipv6 firewall configuration to expose port outside in AX53
2024-05-06 09:59:06 - last edited 2024-05-06 09:59:24

@ratanparai 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come toyour home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
2024-06-25 10:14:59

I cant understand why these routers cant just have an options to turn off firewall separetally for ipv6 and 4. I understand the communication between managment and devs can be slow but these features should be here from the start if the router support ipv6. 
From the first post I see it been a half year since someone asked for this feature. The Tp-link member said the feature will be added to list of next features and that it will be added soon. I dont want to say this but if this is the way how things work at Tp-link then I would not consider them for next router purchase.

Options
2024-07-30 11:50:49
Hello, Do you have an ETA for this feature? This feature is not needed only for AX53 but for all, we are in 2024 and we don't have IPv6 firewall rules and also we can't set local DNS for IPv6 (fe80 addresses), at least on AX53 v1.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 377

Replies: 3

Voters 1