Security is nightmare

Votes

Security is nightmare

Security is nightmare
Security is nightmare
2024-05-09 17:42:30 - last edited 2024-05-10 06:57:35
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20240227 rel.33191(4555)

Security -> Access Control : Why the hack is this also active on guest network? Make it seperate!

Wireless : missing macfilters, now I've to seperate 2,4 and 5.

Guest : vlans settings ?

DHCP server : allow option name,ipaddress, macaddress and maybe even dns server (option)

When having DHCP server or other lists, plz put sort and search option there, cause now you've to go to all pages.

Now security wise it is a cheap router, even my ASUS can do more security, you can't do anything.

Also missing SSH.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Security is nightmare
2024-05-10 06:57:26

@mizwdev 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if the features can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
2024-05-10 08:01:18

@Marvin_S The biggest issue Security, if I only use allow, it also will do that on my guest network. Which means if 20 people come in, I've to find out 20 macaddresses first, which is stupid. Please put macaddress filtering also on WiFi, cause I bought a expense router, which is now only secured by a WiFi password, even my cheap Asus was better on that.
Now I've Access security on disable, where I'm now on high risk.

Options
2024-05-10 09:08:35
If you want me as BETA tester , you can count me in
Options
RE:Security is nightmare
2024-05-10 17:36:16
Of course I want this
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 188