Archer MR400 v4.3 - IPSec or Wireguard Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-07-26 18:31:35 - last edited 2024-07-28 05:54:53
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230511 Rel.58510n

I bought the Archer MR400 for my Summerhouse to use my LTE contract to connect all devices to the Internet.  One of the reasons why i decided to buy this device was, that it should be able to use IPSec. I want to connect my Summerhouse easily to my Home-Network via VPN Tunnel. So that i can over IP-Forwarding reach my Servers which are standing at home directly over their IP-Addresses via the Tunnel from my Summerhouse.

The router was fast set up, dyndns working fine, but then i started to search for the VPN Configuration. OpenVPN is not supported by the FritzBox and i dont want to install a vpn software on one of my clients. It should be done by the two routers alone.

PPTP VPN is a old joke, i will for sure not use it for sending my data through the internet.

Is there a solution to get IPSec or even wireguard running on the Archer MR400? It seems that it was possible in the past on some MR400 Models and thats why you find it in the advertised specifications. In some older posts i found people with the same issue, but instead of a posted solution, just that they will get a PM. Is there some Beta-Firmware or something with that feature enabled? Also: its a shame that the firmware support for that device looks stopped. Last firmware is almost 1 1/2 years old. I am used to a better service coming from using AVM FritzBox at home. But i wanted to give another maufacturer a chance at my second place, maybe a mistake.

If its not possible i will send the router back and need to try another one. Too bad, because the rest of the router matched all my requirements, but without this stable and good VPN solution its no use for me.

Thanks in advance,

FlokiLoki

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer MR400 v4.3 - IPSec or Wireguard Support
2024-07-28 05:54:47
Router sent back. Quality of product and service doesn't feel right from the begining. Better change directly instead of regretting later. But maybe the post will still help that tp-link will put this feature and support it's products a little longer with fresh firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 135

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles