Both port as ethernet on satelite DECO

2024-07-31 07:24:07

I want to buy TP-Link Deco X10, AX1500 or TP-Link Deco M4, AC1200. Still didnt decided but first I need some additional info.

First unit will be connected to my existing router as a internet source. The second DECO unit will act as a satelitte unit.

Is it possible to use both network ports on satelitte DECO as ordinary ethernet ports?

I only need to connect two computers by wire ethernet to DECO satelitte unit. Can I avoid use of additional switch?

I know that both ports are auto-sensing (WAN or LAN), but can it work as a two LAN?

Could not find any information about that configuration.

-dooz

Options
2 Reply
Re:Both port as ethernet on satelite DECO
2024-07-31 09:35:17

@doozanic 

On Satellite Deco all ports are LAN. You will not need a switch if you want to connect two computers. 

Also check Deco X50 and X55: they have three Ethernet ports. 

Options
Re:Both port as ethernet on satelite DECO
2024-07-31 10:02:02

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for help. This looks like a very flexible solution. Even for three ports.

I have done some research and found out that "DECO Mesh" tehnology is not compatible with "Easy Mesh" that is used on TP-Link Routers (those two cannot be mixed, DECO device and Router in one Mesh). I can link together later TP-Link router with DECO.

The other solution would be to go to the two routers with more possibilities and create "Easy Mesh".

Can I buy two Archer C64 and mesh is together with "Easy Mesh" to get the same functionality like DECO?

The first Archer C64 will be connected to my existing router via wire ethernet LAN for internet and the second will be "satelite" linked with Easy mesh with first Archer C64. Then I can connect my two computers on wired LAN links on second Archer C64.

I am considering this because then I have four ports available + Archer C64 can be mounted on the wall + the final price is similar like two DECO units + I can mesh additional router units in the future.

Thanks for support in advance.

-dooz

Options