GE800 - Aussie BB - Fibre - Unstable Internet Connection

2024-08-03 03:22:23 - last edited 2024-08-04 22:22:51
Model: Archer GE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20240528 rel.85215(4155)

Hi,

I recently purchased an Archer GE800 and having been having troubles with Internet dropouts.

I have FTTP and am with Aussie BroadBand.

Basically at random periods (everything from 2 hours to 24 hours) the internet drops out for a period of between 30 minutes to 3 hours. No pattern to the dropouts they happen in the middle of the night as well as afternoon and morning.

Wifi and wired network have no troubles with LAN connectivity during these times, its just the WAN connection.

Ive done multiple full resets. Both during and not during the outage, adjusted MTU and toggled flow controller. Isolated the router from the lan and any other devices besides the setup device.

I troubleshooted with Aussie BB, they say everything looks fine on their end that they can see, even during the outage. The testing users can do through their app shows that the connection is down, the loopback test is very slow buts shows as passed, the NTD status test times out.

They did say they can see multiple session terminations on the Radius log, but I dont know enough to know if this would be because of my troubleshooting.

Ive tried different cables.

The lights on the FTTP NTD stay solid during the outage. Ive reset it several times.

The router reconnects itself without a reboot after an hour or so.

I have an Asus rt-ax58u that I have connected during an outage and it worked, then when I reconnected the GE800, it still wouldnt connect.

Sometimes the router detected a second NAT device when doing the setup after a reset, even when nothing was connected to it.

Id guess it was a faulty NTD or router given the timeout of the NTD test, but the fact that the ASUS router connects suggests that it is a faulty router in my head, but Im no expert.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:GE800 - Aussie BB - Fibre - Unstable Internet Connection-Solution
2024-08-04 22:22:15 - last edited 2024-08-04 22:22:51

Sorted. Was Aussie BB DNS. Changed it to Google's and the connection is stable now!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:GE800 - Aussie BB - Fibre - Unstable Internet Connection-Solution
2024-08-04 22:22:15 - last edited 2024-08-04 22:22:51

Sorted. Was Aussie BB DNS. Changed it to Google's and the connection is stable now!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:GE800 - Aussie BB - Fibre - Unstable Internet Connection
2024-08-05 05:53:21

@BomBurst 

Hi, thanks for your sharing!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 2

Related Articles