Archer vr2100v (EU) Ver-1.2 wireless problem

2024-08-22 12:04:17
Model: Archer VR2100v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.13.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220623 Rel.61658n

I have purchased a secondhand VR2100V. The device looks pretty new, and the previous owner said it is less than two years old. 

The device keeps dropping several smart globes and has problems maintaining the connection to my Bose speakers. Both the 2.4G and 5G bands have the same issue, but there is no problem when connected to computers, etc. I have contacted support and was advised to put some devices on the guest network. This has made the problem less painful, but it has not resolved the issue completely.

As soon as I switch back to my old ZTE H268A, the problem goes away. As part of my fault-finding process, I tested an old Linksys E1000, and it worked without any issues.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with their device? My guess is that this might be related to firmware. If it were a hardware issue, the computer should show a similar problem and have trouble maintaining the Wi-Fi connection. 

I found a beta firmware in a forum that I tried, but it did not resolve the issue. 

Any suggestions or advice before I consider throwing this VR2100 away?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer vr2100v (EU) Ver-1.2 wireless problem
2024-08-23 09:28:34 - last edited 2024-08-23 09:28:44

@Las007 

Hi

You could try some of the suggestions in the following link: What should I do if Internet connection on my TP-Link DSL modem is unstable?

Warm regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP 

Hi Joseph,

Yes, all the suggestions were followed, except for actually testing the device through a LAN cable. I ran a 10-meter cable across my lounge room to the Bose speaker. While connected through the wired connection, the connectivity became stable, and no issues were detected on the speaker. which rule out LAN/ISP problem.

However, the globes can't be connected through a LAN port, and my computer, which is connected via Wi-Fi, does not have any issues, even though it is about 10 meters away. So there is no indication that this is related to the IPS either.

The modem gets the internet connection through the WAN port, and I have sent logs to TP-Link. The issue was that the router showed devices were connected, but the ping requests timed out. Please refer to TKID240517458 for further information.

Since then, in a desperate attempt, I have even tried to load version 1.17.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 230831 Rel.3356n from the TP-Link German website, but without success.

I have my concerns that this issue could potentially be related to MIMO function. Is there a way to disable this feature for testing purposes?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP 

Hello Joseph, any news on the wifi issue???

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Las007 

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

It is recommended that you try to change the 2.4G and 5G channels and channel width of VR2100v to be the same as those of ZTE H268A and see if the problem still occurs.

If issue persists, it's possible that there may be some issues with the second-hand product you purchased. I would recommend considering exploring other options that may better suit your needs

Options
Monday

@Joseph-TP 

Hello Joseph, 

80% of my wifi clients does work fine without any issues, So I have kept experimenting, 

I have managed to replicate the same problem with ASUS RT-AC68U Router. 

But fortunately ASUS had "advanced options" to turn off the 2.4Gh Beconforming & Airtime firiness. 

By changing the settings on new ASUS, it has resolve my wifi drop out issue, so Tp-link is now gone!!!! 

If your R&D team is keen to listen and implement these functions on tp-link middle and lower end models??? 

Hope this helps someone out there having similar problem. 

Options
Monday

It is like you’ve done a thorough job troubleshooting so far. Since the issue persists across both bands and only affects certain devices, it might be worth checking for any interference from other wireless networks or  korean lash lift products devices. Additionally, resetting the router to factory settings and reconfiguring it from scratch might help. Sometimes, a fresh setup can resolve persistent connectivity issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 199

Replies: 6

Related Articles