How can I expand my network?

3 weeks ago

Hi! I have 2 Deco X20 units, one in my bedroom upstairs next to the router and one in the living room downstairs. My house is 2 stories high and has around 200 square meters of space. I am looking for a cheap way to expand the network because I have little to no range in my office downstairs. What should I buy? Would normal access point work or should I buy something like Deco E4?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How can I expand my network?
3 weeks ago

@pikacho 

Hi,

You can add normal Access Point to extend the current Deco network.

However in this case, the AP will broadcast its own WIFI and cannot join Deco Mesh.

So it is recommended to add more Deco unit to extend the network, as it can join and extend the Deco Mesh WIFI.

Deco E4 can be added to your current network. 

Or if you would like to add other models, that can also work.

All Deco models can work together, please refer to this thread for more information. Can different Deco models work together?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 70

Replies: 1

Related Articles