Creating a wife extender / access point

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good afternoon, I am currently using a TP link AX 1800 as my main router in my house, i also have an Archer A6 router that i want to use as an extender so i can have wife throught out my entire home. i have been looking on the internet trying to find how to do this but i have not had any luck with it. can someone help me step-by-step in how i will turn my A6 router into an extender.

thanks.

Dave

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Creating a wife extender / access point-Solution

@dbpierce10 

Archer A6 v2 should support WDS feature wich would allow to expand your main router wireless coverage.

Here's a guide for configuring WDS. Keep in mind that you may not be able to build WDS due to AX1800 compatibility.

If you fail to build the WDS, using the A6 in AP mode would be the only alternative to expand your wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Creating a wife extender / access point
2 weeks ago

@dbpierce10 

Hi, thanks for posting question here~

Archer A6 does not support to work as a range extender. It can support wireless router mode and access point mode, which are required a wired connection if there is a main router.

Options
Re:Creating a wife extender / access point-Solution

@dbpierce10 

Archer A6 v2 should support WDS feature wich would allow to expand your main router wireless coverage.

Here's a guide for configuring WDS. Keep in mind that you may not be able to build WDS due to AX1800 compatibility.

If you fail to build the WDS, using the A6 in AP mode would be the only alternative to expand your wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 103

Replies: 2

Related Articles