HELP AC750 C20(US) V6 Bricked

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: ?

Greeting Everyone,

I bricked my router whie trying to update to the latest firmware. I downloaded the correct firmware from the correct region(Australia) and the hardware number matches with what is shown on the download site. 

The router would continously boot loop. 

I followed a video on Youtube using TFTPD and renamed the file and successfully flashed the bin file. However now after the router reboots after flashing, the ethernet light flash fast and there is no life. When I unplug the ethernet cable, there are no lights, not even the power LED. I've tried following multiple guides with no success. I can't even install OpenWRT as this router is not supported!

Any help would be greatly appriciated. 

Thank you 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HELP AC750 C20(US) V6 Bricked -Solution

@AL79 

Yes, you may try any posssible method to make it work, if the warranty has expired.

Also, there is an old proverb that says " If the old doesn't go, the new won't come". So welcome to pick up proper network device from our local official website in the future!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HELP AC750 C20(US) V6 Bricked
2 weeks ago

@AL79 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

You may follow Method 1 in the guide for last try?

Options
Re:HELP AC750 C20(US) V6 Bricked
2 weeks ago

@Marvin_S 

Hi, Yes I have followed this guide as well and no luck unfortunately.

I contacted TPlink help support through live chat and they were unable to provide me solution and said I can get a warranty replacement. However I got this router from a mate who got it from his ISP. He wasnt required to hand it back to the ISP after cancelling plan. Therefore I can't simply go get a replacement.

I have been using this router as a extender but sadly I attemped to update the router and ruined it. 

I hope OpenWRT releases a firmware for this router version, then I can at least use it for something rather than throwing it.

As a last resort I am tempted to use UART serial to recover the router. I've watched videos on how to do it and wouldn't mind attempting it.  

Options
Re:HELP AC750 C20(US) V6 Bricked -Solution

@AL79 

Yes, you may try any posssible method to make it work, if the warranty has expired.

Also, there is an old proverb that says " If the old doesn't go, the new won't come". So welcome to pick up proper network device from our local official website in the future!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 98

Replies: 3

Related Articles