ZScaler intermittent issues with AXE5400

a week ago
Model: Archer AXE5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I've been using the router for a couple of months and am happy with it generally. However a big issue seems to be with my wifes ability to connect to her work system when WFH. They user the zscaler VPN service to access the private work network. I've read various other posts about issues with the Deco systems and Zscaler.  The issue isn't all the time - about half of the day it works and half of the day zscaler just won't connect on our home network. If I get the machine tethered through my phone it works. We've also tried public wifi and that of neighbours which all work. 

Reading other posts it sounds like a potential issue with the FW and HomeShield (which I pay).

Is there a fix for this? On the other posts it is marked as having a solution but reading through them its a live issue.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ZScaler intermittent issues with AXE5400
a week ago

@Gastomagic 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Could you please check the model again on the bottom label of the router? Can you see Archer AXE75?

Sorry that we have not received such feedback about wireless routers, so can you share your Zscaler version?

May I confirm some information to understand your situation better?

1. What is your network topology? What is the internet connection type you chose when setting up the router?

2. Are you using Zscaler VPN on your PC? Is your PC connected to the router wirelessly or via cable?

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Hi Marvin

Yes the router has Archer AXE75 (EU) on the base. The ZScaler version is 4.2.0.217

1. Setup with my ISP is PPPoE

2. Yes ZScaler is a mandatory VPN setup for work on my wifes laptop. Her machine is connected wirelessly.

Any other questions please let me know.

Is there a way to bypass all Homeshield function for a particular device on the network?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Gastomagic 

Here's the guide for configuring HomeShield Security+. There's a Web Protection and Intrusion Prevention section which shows how to exclude a device from this features.

Start with excluding from Intrusion Prevention and if there's no improvement, exclude the laptop from Web Protection as well.

For this purpose you'll need the Tether app installed on your mobile.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 3

Related Articles