Firmware upgrades and warranty void

Saturday - last edited Sunday
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 221109 Rel.31477n (6985)

I encountered this issue in the following thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396.

After doing some research, I found the thread mentioned above and considered upgrading the version to resolve the problem. However, I couldn't find the appropriate build for my region (Egypt). When I attempted to upgrade using the global version, I was met with a significant warning stating that doing so from outside my region could void my warranty.

Now, I'm uncertain about how to proceed. Is there any way to resolve this issue without voiding my warranty?

Additionally, I find it quite odd that a solution for fixing an issue involves potentially voiding the warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Firmware upgrades and warranty void-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Hossamk92 

Use the global english support ortal to upgrade to v1.0.13. Your device should be with EU region (that's on its bottom sticker) and this won't void your warranty - here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Firmware upgrades and warranty void-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Hossamk92 

Use the global english support ortal to upgrade to v1.0.13. Your device should be with EU region (that's on its bottom sticker) and this won't void your warranty - here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 1

Related Articles