AirPlay and HomeSharing do not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-14 20:35:47
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

It seems that neither Hardware v1 nor v2 are able to run IGMP and multicast streaming in a way that AirPlay, AirPrint and Private Sharing (aka HomeSharing) work in a reliable manner.

Interestingly the messages from TP-Link support Germany and Headquarter are misleading:
In an answer from the German support team I was told that the latest firmware release for Hardware v1 supports AirPlay and HomeSharing while the answer from China's support team denies that.
Both agree that it definitely does not work with Hardware v2. The firmware which will support this is under development and will take a few more months to be released.
Options
3 Reply
Re:AirPlay and HomeSharing do not work
2014-01-15 11:05:08
Funny that I've got a 830RE V2 and the airplay works normally.
I wonder why the support team says that 830RE doesn't support airplay.
Any possible that some special network topologys will cause a problem?
Options
2014-01-17 17:46:22
Let's check the difference of topology:

I have another Universal Repeater from a different vendor (AVM Fritz 300E) connected to my AP/Router (AVM Fritz.box 7270).
[*]The 830RE acts as Universal Repeater - not in WDS!
[*]I have Private Sharing switched on (aka Home Sharing)

What I observe:
When I try to connect to my iTunes Library from my iPad through Home Sharing I get no connection
[*]When I try to connect to my iTunes Library from my AppleTV via WLAN I get no connection
[*]Recently a computer connected via WLAN received IP Address, subnet mask and everything but still could not connect to the internet. I plugged off the 830RE and it worked.
Options
2014-01-20 14:08:30

tencun wrote

Let's check the difference of topology:

I have another Universal Repeater from a different vendor (AVM Fritz 300E) connected to my AP/Router (AVM Fritz.box 7270).
[*]The 830RE acts as Universal Repeater - not in WDS!
[*]I have Private Sharing switched on (aka Home Sharing)

What I observe:
When I try to connect to my iTunes Library from my iPad through Home Sharing I get no connection
[*]When I try to connect to my iTunes Library from my AppleTV via WLAN I get no connection
[*]Recently a computer connected via WLAN received IP Address, subnet mask and everything but still could not connect to the internet. I plugged off the 830RE and it worked.

Yesterday I did a test.
When my ipad and MAC book are both directly connected to TL-WA830RE, it will be OK;
but when one is connected to the front router, another one is connected to TL-WA830RE, Airplay can't be used.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 3

Related Articles