Visibility problems between WLAN elements.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-19 19:12:09
Region : Spain

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : Jazztel

Hi TP-Link forum. I've sent this message to official TP-Link support:

Since I've bought the TD-W8961 router I have been experiencing visibility problems between elements in my wifi network.

All computers and elements are connected to the internet at a stable 150mb speed (PS3, PC Computer, MAC Laptop, AppleTV, iPhone 4, etc...) via Wifi and all the elements can PING to the ADSL router without any ICMP package lost.

But in the moment to connect from one element to another, ej: iPhone to AppleTV via AirPlay or from PC to Mac to control it via VNC, the connection doesn't work.

I have no PING between elements in the network.

After a ADSL Router reboot, the connection (and PING) starts working for several hours, but after this period, it stops working until next reboot. This fact makes me think there's not a problem with my configuration.

Some initial tests reveals me a problem with ARP protocol: ARP requests sent by the element starting the connection are not getting their corresponding response.

To provide you more info, all my firewalls are disabled (including the router's firewall), my DHCP are enabled, but all elements are configured with static IP, and the only particular configuration is some port fordwarding from outside to inside and some DDNS configured.

Please, contact me if you need some further information or tests, and remember that to reproduce the problem it is necessary to wait for several hours.

I will keep you informed about any progress.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 0

Related Articles