Im in Network Hell

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Im in Network Hell

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Im in Network Hell
Im in Network Hell
2014-03-12 00:42:06
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin

Thanks in advance on any help I can get on this. Its incredibly frustrating because Im not that technically savvy and Im at te end of my teather, after wasting a lot of time and money on helplines etc I thought I might give you guys a try! Please,please help because I am really running out of options and nearly givin up!!

Right, It s along story that streches for months, but I will try and condense.

ive got Virginfibre optic (hub1 if that is relevant) which is connected to an hard wired to apple time capsule for back ups etc.These connect fine or did connect fine!!!

My house isnt very big but I did not get good coverage throughout my house so after much deliberation and research I invested in a Powerline TP-link TL-WPA4220Kit (which is a transmitter and a recveiver through your mains power line....repeats youre wifi and give you an additional 2 ethernet ports which i want to use for internet radio via hifi and smart tv) and a TL-WPA281 (which is just another receiver again spits out wifi and an additional 2 ethernet ports potentially used for Playstation an apple tv).

Now all these worked for about a day....and honestly when they work its brilliant...but obviously judging from my post...It dosent.

Its just random, sparodic connection. This morning the hifi worked via LAN, the smart tv didnt (they are on the same repeater) and in the other room the apple TV works through wifi (wont connect to LAN even though it did once) and the playstation wont connect at all (wifi o LAN). My devices (phones/laptop sometimes connects, but mostly dosent...but if it helps or points to somethin my mac book will always get connection through the LAN even when nothing else will). But what is more worrying the TP link seams to corrupt all other networks (my time capsule and virgin)...I couldent connect to anything via LAN last night on my Imac which is hard wired untill the time capsule wifi popped up after an hour and then by this morning it had gone again! Same with my phone ect...when it has found a TPlink network they act fine and you can switch to various wifi networks no pronlem) but If I cant ....you wont be able to connect to anything not even my Virgin network (it sees it and trys to connect...but just sticks there infinitley...the round wheel just goes round and round).

As you can see Im in a pretty bad state and Ive been on the phone to america (tplink) numerous times...resseting unpairing, repairing etc...and they have run out of ideas. They say it might be faulty and should return it back...but this will be my 3rd time of doing this, which maybe pointing to something else? conflicts or something in my virgin router or something? conflics? port forwarding? I dont know what these term mean but they are the kind of jargon that people are throwing at me! I honestly dont know...but Im at the end of my teather and feel so hopelessly pathetic in not being able to do something about it because I dont understand! But waht I do know is that it should all work and then I will be such a happy man.

Any ideas from you guys??
Options
1 Reply
Re:Im in Network Hell
2014-03-18 10:50:26
Maybe you can give a try to upgrade your WPA4220's firmware. Here is the download link of the latest firmware for WPA4220:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WPA4220&version=V1#tbl_j

The TP-LINK official website describes the new firmware of WPA4220 has already solved the apple bonjour problems.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 1

Related Articles