AV500 kit. Manual configuration ip settings Windows 8?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-24 18:58:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411KIT

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 500A-1.0.0.337-01-20120309-FINAL

ISP : Virgin broadband

Hi I'm having problems getting the av500 kit to work. I have tried everything I can think of and am in contact with support, which is a frustrating process because the suggestions I receive are things I've already tried!

The plugs seem to connect when plugged in nearby and at their needed location, all lights on and data communication with intermittent flashes.

I am running windows 8 on a laptop and the ethernet connection shows up as unidentified public network. There is no internet access. I have disabled antivirus and firewalls but that makes no difference. I used the software utility to reset the devices and tried pairing again also to no avail. I suspect the problem is that windows is not getting the ip settings from my router but I am unsure of how to manually configure settings.

My ISP is virgin broadband 120mb and my router is the superhub 2.

Perhaps if someone knows about how to configure settings, or who knows about this problem can help me please?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Options
1 Reply
Re:AV500 kit. Manual configuration ip settings Windows 8?
2014-03-28 17:42:01
You have two TL-PA411. Now let us configure them one by one.

You connect your laptop to the first TL-PA411, and use the TP-LINK utility to reset your TL-PA411. Then set a new network name for this TL-PA411.
You connect your laptop to the second TL-PA411, and use the TP-LINK utility to reset your TL-PA411. Then set the same network name for this TL-PA411 as the first TL-PA411's .

Note: The network name of your two TL-PA411s must be same.

After it, it should be working .
Options