W8968 Frequent disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-25 23:12:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 06.0 1.3 v0005.0 Build 131226 Rel.33881n

ISP :

I have connection problems with my W8968 router.

1. When powering on the router i cannot get an ADSL signal. The router boots up as normal and all the lights come on to say there is a ADSL signal. (I have an ADSL2+ service). Logging into the router the status shows there is a connection but there is not. Non of my devices are able to connect to the internet via wireless or wired. I can connect to the internet by going to network/ DSL settings and changing the DSL Modulation type to ADSL2. This then gives me a connection and I can then change the modulation type back to ADSL2+. If I leave the DSL Modulation type as ADSL2 the same thing happens. When I power off and then on again I have to change the Modulation type to ADSL2+ to get a connection.
Using ADSL2 also gives me a 5 Mbps drop in speed.

2. At certain times of the day but mostly the evenings my internet connection drops out. My SNR downstream is at 6 dB. It will start to fluctuate and drop lower. It usually fluctuates between 6 and 0.5 dB. It has on occasions dropped to -0.5. The current and max rate speed in the status window still say i'm connecting at a steady rate but when I do a speed test the result is around 1 Mbps. Normally it is between 10 - 11.5 Mbps.This goes on for around half an hour then the dropouts start. The router will drop the connection and then re-initialize. By watching the DSL uptime counter it will get to 4 minutes and then drop again and re-initialize. It happens every 4 minutes for around 2 hours. Then everything stabilizes again with a SNR of 6 dB and download rate of between 10 - 11.5 Mbps.The DSL uptime counter will not go further than an 1 hour. When it reaches 1 hour it will reset to 1 minute and sometimes stick at 1 minute for ages.I have tried 3 filters and even bought a new filter and done a quiet line test. My ISP have had a line test done which showed no errors.The router is less than a year old.

I have all the settings from my ISP. I have done numerous factory resets but the disconnections still happen.
I have tried a different router and this works fine with no disconnections or problems.

Hardware Version: TD-W8968 v1
Firmware Version: 06.0 1.3 v0005.0 Build 131226 Rel.33881n
DSL Modulation Type: ADSL2_Plus
Annex Type: Annex A/I/J/L/M
ADSL Type: PPPoA
Connection with ISP: ADSL2+, 12Mbps, LLU.

I have opened a support ticket. They replied asking if it is only me that uses the connection which it is and told me to do a factory reset which I have. That is all I have heard since opening the ticket 3 days ago.
From reading other posts it looks like it is a firmware issue.
Has anyone else had these issues resolved?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 0

Related Articles