TD-W8960N problems right out of the box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-01 08:35:45
Region : Brazil

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : None?

ISP : GVT

Ok, so I just got home with my brand new modem, and as I plug it into the power and plug the ethernet cable to my notebook, I got nothing.
First of all, I'm not dummy when it comes to routers, computers, internet and whatsoever, I've been searching for the solution for quite some time, and nothing works.

I've already disabled IPv6 connection, and if I leave the connection's IPv4 settings to automatic, the default IP will be 169.254.92.22 (and Mask 255.255.0.0), and BLANK Gateway.
Changing the IPv4 to manual, setting my IP to 192.168.1.2/101/254 (multiple tests), Mask to 255.255.255.0 and Gateway 192.168.1.1 "kinda" fixes a few things, for one, the computer can actually detect that it's connected to something. So I open up my browsers (Chrome and IE11), and try to connect to 192.168.1.1 but it does not ask for any user and password and sends me straight to a page where the only thing I can do is upload a firmware, the page actually says:
[CODE]Update Software

Step 1: Obtain an updated software image file from your ISP.

Step 2: Enter the path to the image file location in the box below or click the "Browse" button to locate the image file.

Step 3: Click the "Update Software" button once to upload the new image file.

NOTE: The update process takes about 2 minutes to complete, and your DSL Router will reboot.
[/CODE]

NONE of the 3 firmwares available for my model (TD-W8960N V4) worked, and tried uploading mutiple times with multiple computers and multiple browsers (including IE), it ALWAYS fails.
I've used the factory reset MULTIPLE times, never did any change whatsoever. Firewalls down or up, didn't matter either. Even tried keeping 169.254.92.22 and the 255.255.0.0 mask with the correct gateway, not even on Linux did it get the correct gateway on its own, but thisway it wouldn't even open the "Update Software" page.
[CODE]DSL Router Software Upgrade

Image uploading failed. The selected file contains an illegal image. [/CODE]

I cannot access the modem whatsoever, trying to access 192.168.1.1/index.html leads to a 404 page, so I can't really change anything!
Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8960N problems right out of the box
2015-04-05 22:37:49
For those who search forums check my post with this issue which I solved.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 1

Related Articles