Router no longer asking for password?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-13 02:52:19
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR543G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My TP-Link wireless router has stopped asking me for a password when I connect to it. I've reset it with a pin and made sure its set up to demand a password, but this doesnt seem to make a difference. When I connect to it, its just connecting without asking for a password first.
I've run virus, Malware, and rootkit checks and found nothing.

Incidentally, I recently tried accessing the Internet via another router, and it wouldnt connect at all, but I can still connect with the TP-Link one?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Router no longer asking for password?
2014-07-13 08:32:33
Im Using Chrome as my default, and the encryption is WPA2-PSK as I think thats the one thats recommended.
I have tried using a different password.

The thing is, I don't connect to the router via my Browser. First I connect to it via the Available networks icon on my taskbar (im in Windows 7), which seems to be the same as connecting to the router via the Network and Sharing section in Control Panel. Thats when it usually asks for my password to connect to the router. So I don't think its an issue with my cache.

The thing is, now its gotten even weirder. I've tried resetting the router and running the Quick Start wizard from scratch, and when if I put in details for a password during that step. my PC won't connect to the router at all...the available networks list shows two routers with my Router ID, but doesnt want to connect to either of them, and the Quick Start wizard won't complete.
Options