Periodic disconnects with TL-WR702N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-13 23:36:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR702N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 4.19.1 Build 130528 Rel.52704n

ISP :

Hey everyone,

I am currently using my TL-WR702N as a WIFI router (connected to by a single computer).

Periodically my internet connection seems to freeze (my browser freezes, skype calls are cut off, dropbox is disconnected, etc.). However if I turn off the WiFi on my computer and turn it back on then my internet will be working fine after I reconnect to the router. What makes this really annoying is that this is happening every 10 minutes. I think I've narrowed down the problem to the router and am wondering if this is some issue with DHCP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Periodic disconnects with TL-WR702N
2014-09-15 10:10:47
Try to modify some wireless settings, like channel to 1, 6 or 11.
By the way, any other wireless clients are working OK? Update the driver of wireless card on your computer.
Options
2014-09-16 04:47:18
I've tried changing the channel, along with changing the type of the network (to be 802.11n only). Nothing seems to work. I also tried using my tablet with WiFI and it seems to be having the same problem that my laptop does (I've also checked for a wireless driver update for my laptop but it looks like I'm running the most recent version).
Options
2014-09-16 09:10:26
Try to login the router's web interface when it disconnects. If you cannot, check IP address, default gateway obtained on the laptop.
Probably you should upgrade firmware of TL-WR702N.
By the way, 11N only is not a good choice, just leave it in default settings.
Options
2014-09-17 04:26:15
Thanks for your help!

I'm still having this issue, although I've changed the router back to mixed mode. As far as I can tell the actual router administration page never stops working. I've tried updating the firmware already, I think I'm running the most recent version.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 4

Related Articles