AP Mode - how to avoid always being redirected to the hotel splash screen ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-29 22:11:51
Region : France

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am in a hotel room. When connecting in WISP mode, I only have to enter my credentials in the hotel splash page once with my first client (typically my laptop), then every other device that connects to the TL-MR3020 does not need to enter credentials in the hotel splash page. This is because the TL-MR3020 spoofs the MAC address of the 1st client, and everything appears as if the laptop (or router) was connecting. This is very useful.

However, in AP mode (Access Point Mode) where the TL-MR3020 is connected by a wire to the hotel Ethernet port, I have to enter credentials everytime I connect in wireless to the TL-MR3020. It acts as if the router was just repeating the network, not really routing as is the case in WISP mode.

So here is my question: in Access Point Mode, is there a way to avoid the hotel splash screen every time a new device connects to the wireless signal generated by the TL-MR3020?

Regards,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 598

Replies: 0

Related Articles