dns resolution stops on computer after about 5 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-02 02:06:40
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Plus Net

Hi,

I have just bought a new Archer C7 and set it up and it works on most of the devices in the house without a problem. Unfortunately, on two of the laptops, I can connect fine and it works fine for about 5 minutes (estimate it can be anything from 1 minute upwards). Sometimes it will start working again and sometimes it requires me to disconnect and reconnect again to re-gain access. When I try to ping google.com I get the message "Ping request could not find host google.com" and as far as I can work out this is to do with dns resolution not working?

I am completely stumped on this one and was hoping one of you could help me out.

Thanks,
Marcus
Options
3 Reply
Re:dns resolution stops on computer after about 5 minutes
2014-11-02 17:39:18
Do you have latest firmware on the router? Can you enter some DNS addresses in DHCP Settings tab?
Options
2014-11-02 20:18:49
Hi,

I do have the latest firmware (I think - 3.14.1 Build 140929 Rel.33293n), also, I no longer believe it to be a dns resolution error because when I ping an ip address it also cannot connect. I also already have google dns in there.

Thanks for you help,
Marcus
Options
2014-11-03 09:40:11
Can you login its web interface at that time? Try to connect directly to your modem and test for some time.
If it works correctly, try to reset your Archer C7 to facotry default settings and reconfigure it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 3

Related Articles