Samsung SMART TV Cannot Media Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-17 00:46:37
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.32 Build 130612 Rel.83937n

ISP : Unifi

I have managed to share storage, and able to access the shared hard disk from laptop/desktop/smartphone.
The problem lies on Media Server. I cannot access the server nor the hard disk from Samsung SMART TV.
It stated:
"Request cannot be completed. Media Play will return to main menu".

I see a blue exclamation mark on the server name (on Samsung Smart TV).
I noticed that there is a new firmware that seems can fix the bug that causes files cannot be played through media server
if the name includes special character. I cannot upgrade to the latest firmware as it does not support Unifi mode.

Have tried upgrading and setting it manually using PPPoE but at the end, the router cannot establish connection with Unifi.
The ISP username and password is correct, so you don't have to worry about that.

Since I cannot upgrade to the latest firmware, is it possible for me to change the server name to remove the special character?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Samsung SMART TV Cannot Media Server
2014-12-17 16:20:51
It is really contradictory if the new firmware can help you to resolve such a issue...
As I checked modifications and bug fixes, I didn't find anything about DLNA related to your problem.
You may confirm with TP-LINK directly.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
Re:Samsung SMART TV Cannot Media Server
2020-04-28 07:50:44
Samsung tv
Options