Unable to setup connection between two TL-WR740N...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-18 06:07:41
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
Need some help because I'm really really stuck with this :/
I want the following setup:

(1)Cable modem ----> (2)wifi router/switch ----> (3)wifi router

Have:
1x TL-WR740N v.2
1x TL-WR-740N v.4
1x TP switch TL-SF1005D v.10
All with the latest firmware.

I need (2) to be just "cable splitter" and (3) to provide wireless network.

First I tried (2) to be the switch and (3) to be one of the wifi routers. I managed to do something with WR740N v2 but the internet connection after it was very slow (if non existing...). Really weird.

So next I tried with one wifi router acting as switch (2) (radio disabled) and the other router gets signal by cable and then makes the wifi AP.
Unfortunately I can't make it work. I'm setting the second router with IP in the same network as the first and only the first has DHCP enabled but still
On the second router I'm not using the WAN socket but only the LAN ones.

What I'm doing wrong??
Can you please give me some detailed instructions what to do? I'm really out of ideas.
I'd prefer if for (2) I use the switch instead of one of thee routers but I read somewhere that this is not possible. Why is that??
Help!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to setup connection between two TL-WR740N...
2015-01-19 17:48:35
(2) should work as a router to share internet. If you don't need its Wi-Fi, you can disable its Wi-Fi. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=608
(3) can be configured as an access point with DHCP off. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=417
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles