Easy Fix for a Tech

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Easy Fix for a Tech

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Easy Fix for a Tech
Easy Fix for a Tech
2015-04-22 06:31:26
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA511

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
Ive bought and received the power line adapters (TL-PA511) today and I have tried to "fit" them and make them work. I have plugged both into the mains circuits in my house and pluged the cables into the PC at one end and into the router at the other. (The problem is the router runs on a different circuit (stupid 1960's houses for you) and so I have had to move the one next to the router to where their is a secondary phone line coming into the property, so the cable has had to be plugged into a second router which uses wifi from the origional router. The plug has gone green and the data transfer light is blinking away as it should be.)

This is where I have the problems, I try connecting using the password for internet access and after 30 seconds of dialing I receive an error code which is 651.
Can someone please help, My knowledge of PCs is limited I'm fine using them but when it comes to the real technical stuff I'm worse then useless.
If someone could help I would appreciate it very much.

(by the way i've read hundreds of sites on Error 651 and none have been helpful so if someone could give it to me nice and simply I would be very appreciative.

Regards
AjsFazer1000
Options
1 Reply
Re:Easy Fix for a Tech
2015-04-22 11:43:29
orignal router(modem?)---second router(wireless router?)---PA511====== PA511---PC(error code 651?)
Is my above understanding right?
On your PC, there is broadband connection? Because as I know error code normally occur when you establish a broadband connection on PC itself but fails...
If it is true, delete the connection. Besides, bypassing powerline devices, test if your PC can access internet when it is connection to the second router directly by cable connection.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 1

Related Articles