Wi-Max Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-08 07:29:53
Region : Argentina

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : ICE

This forum does not allow for identification from Costa Rica, but that is where I now reside. We currently have Wi-Max Internet service from the government's telecommunication provider, ICE. This antenna service provides speeds to 4 mbs (I know...pathetic). We currently have a Cisco E1200 router, but has recently provided interrupted wifi numerous times throughout the day. We will be travelling to the States this week and I want to get a more reliable router. All that I heard of the Archer C7 sounds promising, but I was wondering if the dual band router would provide a more stable wifi signal given the low bandwidth speed.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wi-Max Internet Connection
2015-06-08 17:58:47
Do you have any wireless clients which will work with 5GHz band? If not, it is not nessary to buy a dual band router as your ISP speed is 4mbps.
How did you confirm that Wi-Fi problem is caused by old router itself?
Options
2015-06-08 22:10:07
After constant outages over several days, I did some troubleshooting. I connected my laptop to the ISP modem via an ethernet cable and did a speed test, which showed full speed at that time. I then reconnected the router to the modem and did a speed test via ethernet cable connection and it was less than half the modem speed. When I connected via wifi, I was at 0.18 mps. I reconnected directly to the modem and was again at full speed. This said to me that the problem was in the router. I should say that I reset the router to factory settings, reinstalled the Firmware updates, and reconfigured the router. I did the same testing as before with roughly the same results. This said to me that the router was the issue.
Options
2015-06-09 11:51:32
I see...
Do you still want to buy a dual band router like C7 or just a single band router like TL-WR841ND? :)
Options
2015-06-09 20:11:15
Given that the infrastructure of our country is ever improving and that hopefully soon we will be connected to the fiber optic network of our nearest city, I will still go with the C7. It is uncertain when we will be travelling back to the U.S. and the costs of such purchases are prohibitive here, so I will purchase for the future connectivity.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 4

Related Articles