Connecting to SoftAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting to SoftAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting to SoftAP
Connecting to SoftAP
2015-07-03 19:46:30
Region : India

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello guys
I was experiencing this problem in the pic below. I did able to connect my Android phone successfully but was unable to change the password for SoftAP.

Before i enable sharing i went to Manage>Services and Applications>Services
Scroll down to "Internet Connection Sharing" and double-click on it
On the "General" tab, set the Startup Type to "Automatic" and "Apply"
Click the "Recovery" tab
Click the "Subsequent Failures" button and select "Restart the Service"
Ensure that "Restart service after" is set to 0 minutes
OK out and close Computer Management

Then turned on SoftAP and went to Wireless Network Connection>Properties and Sharing Tab

There Checked on "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection". I don't have LAN connection therefore i shared this.

After then turned Off & On the SoftAP and it showed no error and i was able to change the password for SoftAP and SSID too.

But then i started experiencing problem with connecting my phone. It keep on showing Obtaining IP address and does not connect at all...

I then went to the properties of Wireless Network Connection 1 (SoftAP) and found the following IP address...

I changed to "Obtain an IP address automatically" but then i saw some connectivity issue...It keep on identifying for a long time..

I then turn SoftAP Off & On and found that that the IP was changed back to

Everytime i was trying to connect to SoftAP the phone was unable to connect and i have to turned SoftAP Off & ON then it connect successfully. But turning off & On each time was bit annoying and have to find some solution.

I check on my phone and found that by default it was set to DHCP.

I changed it to Static IP and entered 192.168.137.2

and then it connected successfully each time.

The phone has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and its connected to 802.11n / 6 channel (2.4G) @ 65Mbps rate when i copy files through my share folder it gives no more than 3.65MB/s.

My question is why phone doesn't connect to SoftAP on DHCP and why it connect if i turn SoftAP Off & On? The same thing happens with other phones too.. I have latest drivers installed running Win 7 ultimate x64. And is there any option to increase copying speed or that is correct??

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1367

Replies: 0

Related Articles