Can't connect to WA854RE via the IP adres

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-10 22:05:39
Hi,

Model: TL-WA854RE

I got the same problem(s) as some previous forummembers.

When I first installed it, following the installation instructions (web based method) everything went fine until step 4. After I filled in the usernamen and password ('admin'). Nothing happened ...

So I retried, even after multiple resets, but it doesn't work. None of your adresses work (tplinkrepeater, tplinkextender, 192.168.0.254, ...

BUT: I can connect to the TP Link Extender, by selecting it in my wireless connections list. I pinged it (4 sent - 4 recieved - 0% loss). But I don't get an internetconnection...

What a frustration ...

Thanks for some help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to WA854RE via the IP adres
2015-08-11 14:01:49
Firmware version is up to date?
You can login its web interface and finish the setup, and then, you cannot login the web interface, right?
How about status of all lights after step 4?
Can you find the range extender's IP in your router's DHCP list? Try to login with the correct IP address.
Options
Re:Can't connect to WA854RE via the IP adres
2015-08-16 01:28:40

M Diamond wrote

Firmware version is up to date?
You can login its web interface and finish the setup, and then, you cannot login the web interface, right?
How about status of all lights after step 4?
Can you find the range extender's IP in your router's DHCP list? Try to login with the correct IP address.

Did a couple resets and updated te firmware. It works fine now. Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 730

Replies: 2

Related Articles