TD-W9980 slow computer shows slow upload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-21 18:08:03
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My router shows upload 14k, download 47k. ISP is EE. Good FTC connection. All fine.

But my computers - using speedtest.btwholesale.com - consistently show upload of only sub 2k

I tested hardwired connections (2 different cables) with
Mac OSX 10.10
PC Windows 10
I plugged one machine only for each test in to the router (they normally co-exist via a switch)

Wireless test results are very similar - download speeds are fine; upload speeds are sub 2k.

I experimented with various MTU settings on the mac (and router), but there was no change to upload speed.

Firewall is off.

Can anyone suggest anything else I could try, please?

Many thanks in advance.

Neil
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W9980 slow computer shows slow upload
2015-08-24 14:37:15
Firmware is up to date?
Can you test the upload speed in a different way and make a comparison with speedtest result?
Post screenshots of your test results.
Options
Re:TD-W9980 slow computer shows slow upload
2015-09-09 16:26:25

M Diamond wrote

Firmware is up to date?
Can you test the upload speed in a different way and make a comparison with speedtest result?
Post screenshots of your test results.

Yes, firmware is updated. I also tried a different router, btw. And I've tried many different speed test sites.

I talked to one of my university's networking engineers about this. He pointed out that the router displays the sync speed, and that any throttling of the speed wouldn't show in that reading. So it looks as though my (soon to be ex) provider (EE) is throttling my upload bandwidth.

Thanks very much for your comments, though.

Neil
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 684

Replies: 2

Related Articles