Wireless USB adapter connect automatically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-19 03:44:59
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have a TL-WN823N Wireless USB Adapter. This seems to default to 'connect automatically' to any available network, regardless of whether I tick that box or not. On the occasions where my own wireless connection might go down, the device begins connecting to anything else that's in range.

I want this to stop. However, when I untick the 'connect automatically' box - guess what? The tick comes right back as soon as it rescans, or I click on another network. I can't even disable it through the Windows wireless utility - it seems the TP-link tool overrides this.

Please advise.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless USB adapter connect automatically
2015-09-22 11:17:02
If you untick "connect automatically", the network profile won't be saved. To reconnect to the network, you have to untick it again, press connect and enter Wi-Fi password.
Did you check if network profile is saved or not, if not, what you described is how it works.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1717

Replies: 1

Related Articles